Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Back To School

Well, today was my third day of school, second day of actually having classes. I'm attending Halden Videregående Skole Risum, a school for Musikk/Dans/Drama and then it has some general classes like Science, Math, Phys. Education, etc.

First off, I must talk about the schedule. It's what I believe is called a "block schedule". Where you only have a class 2 or 3 times a week and you get 15 minutes in between classes, you have 45 min. for lunch and another 45 min. for something called "Midtime" where you go to a sort of homeroom and study/do homework/socialize until your last hour and a half of the day. School days are at the most from 8am to 3:40pm but some days you'll get out earlier because of "Møtetid (meeting time)" on Wednesdays... at least at my school.

School is fun, you go to classes with essentially all of the same people you have in your other classes, it's a small school of a little more than 200 students, then there's the other high school, like a general high school Halden Videregående Skole Porsnes, where over 700 students are. You must bring your own lunch unless you want to pay a buttload for school lunch, so I bring matpakke and for my matpakke it's just open faced sandwiches w/ bread, butter, salami/ham, and gouda cheese.

Here's my school (all the buildings):


Here is a picture of matpakke (not my matpakke):


Oh and you haven't lived until you've heard Ray Charles' "Shake Your Tail Feather" in Choir class.

Anyway, that's all I have for you today, i'm having an awesome time in Norway and I hope you're having an amazing time wherever in the world you may be. If you'd like to be updated when I publish a new post, feel free to enter your email address at the bottom of the webpage.

Ha Det Bra!

No comments:

Post a Comment